ASB 2.41% $2.55 austal limited

Ann: Austal reaches settlement with ASIC, page-12

1. 3,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2756
    Well I know very well what our barrister costs and it’s not $1K an hour as your mate suggests but $20K per day. In any event it’s immaterial to the key point I made which, unsurprisingly, neither of you seem to want to address.

Your mate states the board didn’t read or know the report contents, when clearly they did read it and they acted immediately upon it by going into a halt, holding another board meeting, making a market disclosure, and fully cooperating with ASIC inquiries. Inferring the board of directors were numpties, hung the CEO out to dry, that its behaviour was disgraceful, and that it somehow acted in the same manner the CEO was alleged to have (i.e. deliberately withholding material information) is completely at odds with ASIC’s claims, the timeline ASIC gives, and the legal action ASIC initiated, and really it’s just not on.

His trolling is not the ability to express an opinion but the passing off of statements that are not based on the facts presented & referenced. His trolling is not that, like you, he doesn’t hold the stock. His trolling is pushing a line that is inconsistent with those facts, and when presented with them his response is purely to initiate even more bizarre ad hominem. Outlining the facts with references given is not cheerleading: it is outlining the facts.

If you both don’t like uncomfortable facts and prefer the illusion then please stick me on ignore, it’s no skin off my nose and I’m not here to win your affection.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.