ASB 0.79% $2.56 austal limited

Ann: Austal USA awarded EPF 15 contract, page-19

1. 976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 659
    From the latest report they have 15 vessel classes "under construction" however in small print they have said about 5 of those have already been completely delivered or in process of being delivered.

Latest award of $300M contract is relatively small compared to the $2.1B revenue for 2020.
    The low 4% dividend also reflects that they are overpriced at the moment for the NPAT that they are producing.

Last 4 years have seen consistent increase in revenue, equity, cash flow with only 1H21 report reflecting a downward trend in those figures.
    The ships they build are government contracts. With COVID reducing most governments, even Australia, back to post great depression economic figures (Worst we have seen in 100 years) it would be unreasonable to expect a flurry of new high class ship building contracts to flood the market. Since the priority now is to reduce the government debt and priorities rebuilding the local economy.

Just my 2 cents, I don't expect this to be hitting new SP highs anytime soon, I believe the best has already been. This will go sub $2 IMO

Cheers
    Al

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.