APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

hey invest,let me know your thoughts on my thoughts of comparing...

1. 320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    hey invest,
    let me know your thoughts on my thoughts of comparing bhp to apt:

- The chances of bhp making significantly more earnings per share in 5 years time is possible but unlikely. It relies a lot on circumstances they can’t control. And circumstances that are extremely unlikely to exponentially rise.

- the chances of bhp making less money per share in 5 years times is “ as likely” as more per share, so it’s a real 50/50 from here as to it’s SP in 5 years time. Just as likely to be $15 as $60.

- The chances of apt making less per share in 5 yrs time is close to zero

- The chance of making absolutely sh%#*loads more per share is extremely likely.

- Note one really interesting point: aussies that first took up apt 3 years ago are today spending 20x what they were then per year. This fact is a large part of my belief in this company . As it becomes so easy and embedded and second nature to a persons way of paying for things, this was always going to happen

- 1 million US citizens using it now, increasing in rate of uptake each month. This acceleration of uptake will continue fir 2-4 years.

- These US citizens using it now will also be using it 20x more in 3 years time.

- In 3-5 years it’s highly probable there will be 20-50 million Americans using it, 10 mill poms, 5 mill canadians, and probably a paltry 5-8 mill aussies.

- In 10 years probably double thise numbers again.

- All this says nothing of further countries coming on board.

Question for you: Does all this help you understand that the earnings per share in 5 years time may possibly be dwarfing the earnings per share of BHP at that time?

And although the uptake may be slowing by then, it will still actually be growing with certainty compared to bhp.

a potential SP at that time may be well north of $100, $200 in 10 years time, hence it’s an extremely wise investment to buy a stock now that has a high chance of tripling in 5 years comparedto the chance of bhp tripling in 5 years, which could possibly happen..... it’s just extremely less likely to happen than apt.

Does all that make sense to you, or any queries?

Investing is a game of probability.

The probability of bhp being a better investment than apt given above facts and current SP is extremely unlikely.

Ypu see current profitability is 100% irrelevant as the sh$&@?loads of money they are currently making is being used to wisely ensure all the above continues to happen such that their eventual earnings per share will dwarf the earnings per share of the like of bhp.

Smart investors understand this concept.

Hope this helps you decide whether to invest in apt or bhp at $36.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Karcus: 25/09/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.