GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

My understanding is that Perovskite Solar Cells (PSC) have many...

1. 294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    My understanding is that Perovskite Solar Cells (PSC) have many advantages:

* PSC generates power from dawn to dusk - unlike silicon which needs strong enough light and a sufficiently high enough angle of incidence to generate anything. PSC generates power longer every day which adds to its daily generation total and makes it more suitable for different environments like overcast or built up locations. (e.g Europe, Asia..) This means more power to use or in the battery.
    * Creating silicon cells needs lots of energy! PSC needs very little - this reduces its LCOE (Levelised Cost Of Energy) which is a good thing in terms of manufacturing cost and the environment
    * Materials required for PSC are plentiful and cheap
    * Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) are ideally suited based on perovskite solar tech. (on glass, steel, plastic) Cells can be printed, bonded to steel (like Colorbond) or made into windows!
    * The increase of efficiency of Perovskite Solar Cells grows at a staggering rate year on year and it hasn't stopped. (Look at the gradient on the chart!) Compared with older generation solar, it won't be long before PSC challenges conventional solar cell efficiency. Most silicon panels aren't very efficient and are much less efficient than the laboratory trophy figures reported on the NREL chart.

I'd appreciate anyone correcting me and continuing the list of PSC advantages!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.