ALK 1.20% 42.0¢ alkane resources limited

I agree - the slide deck has improved considerably with the...

1. 2,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541

I agree - the slide deck has improved considerably with the additional detail and the gannt chart.
    All in all a good presentation - however, I think Nic did come across as probably frustrated, and to me - appeared defensive on Tomingley.
    The content is positive - increasing production and schedule of project activities to get us there, but he drew unnecessary negative attention to both the company and himself.
    It was not necessary and took the wind out of the good material he had.
    Why do we need to know that index funds did not talk to him before selling?
    Why raise the possible issue of people saying Alkane are a capital risk? It creates a question in the minds of people at a public event who may not even know you.
    All the mining plans are approved - talks of magical approval fairies? Why? Maybe attempted humour, but it is actually defensive.
    He is "tired of people asking me exactly what it means to ramp up a mine", so to quell the questions he produces a quarterly forecast, which should be in the public domain anyway. Why would you say you are tired to an audience who includes many people who do not know your company or its proposition? It places a question in the minds of new listeners about your credibility.
    He then demeans the need for the chart (and the importance of the management of the ramp up) by saying "turns out that all you need to do is keep operating". This treats his audience as children, talks down to them.

Good company, good presentation material, honest guy, still needs some schooling in public speaking - at least to my way of thinking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.005(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $253.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.5¢ 43.0¢ 41.5¢ $488.0K 1.160M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 112937 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.0¢ 81016 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.