SYA 0.00% 3.1¢ sayona mining limited

Ann: Authier Environmental Studies and Permitting Update, page-103

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Not sure if this has been mentioned here......I went all the way back to posts in Jan 2018 and haven't came across it....so here I'm sharing

The main force behind Sayona's BAPE push, François Gendron - MP of Abitibi-Ouest (electorate for  Authier) a formidable and highly respected "dean" of the National Assembly of Quebec, has already announced his resignation/retirement at the end of this term (ends on Sept 30).

Without Francois pushing for it, and without the major parties (PLQ, CAQ) having political interests in
    Abitibi-Ouest (neither PLQ nor CAQ has a candidate for Abitibi-Ouest in this election), I really think that the current BAPE is nothing more than a political gesture to force Francois's successor, Sylvain Vachon, to cooperate with the current government PLQ (ie, to vote for PLQ if it has a majority, and to form a coalition if PLQ does not have majority, in the coming election).

Remember - 1 of the 2 ruling bodies, MERN, is not recommending BAPE and supports Authier to be fast-tracked (thanks to Guy Bourgeois, MP for Abitibi-Est, Parliamentary assistant to MERN).  The other one, MDDELCC is only saying "Sayona has the ball".

Very typical two-sided approach to appease both industrialists and environmentalists in any major elections, don't you think?

Besides, Isabelle Melancon was elected into office through a bi-election and facing huge resistance from her CAQ rival in the campaign for the seat of Verdun. It is really not a surprised for Isabelle to paint an "environmental touch" to appease her votes in Verdun.

But the voters in Abitibi (both Est and Ouest) has clearly voiced their priority in jobs, growth and economics in the recent polling (11/6/2018)

All of the above is sourced from mainstream Quebec news media. IMO. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $319.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.3¢ 3.1¢ $657.2K 20.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 4663949 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 2145533 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.