SYA 1.39% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1117133/isabelle-melancon-re...

1. 354 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 229
    https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvell...tere--intention-soumettre-projet-authier-bape

English translation, courtesy of Google Translate:

Isabelle Melançon firmly reiterates her intention to submit Project Authier to the BAPE
    Environment Minister Isabelle Melançon reiterated Wednesday her intention to submit the Project Authier of Sayona Quebec to the environmental impact assessment and review procedure, including an analysis by the Hearing Office Public Information on the Environment (BAPE).
    A text by Thomas Deshaies
    We have to work in all transparency and we have the BAPE for that. Me, my decision has not really changed. On the contrary, I am more than comfortable , the minister said, on the sidelines of a press conference held in Val-d'Or.
    Recall that Ms. Melançon had asked for a BAPE on June 29, in a press release, while suggesting that the proponent ask for an analysis of the BAPE itself.
    I asked the company to go by itself, to go with a process for the BAPE and I always invite them to go there as well. If she does not, I have new powers as a minister.
    Isabelle Melançon, Minister of the Environment
    To date, the mining company has not yet indicated whether it would submit its project to the BAPE on its own, as suggested by the Minister. She also refused any interview request. However, she continued to hold private meetings with various stakeholders .
    In a statement from Sayona Mining dated July 31, the company said it had a meeting "highly constructive" with the Ministry of Environment on July 10.
    Minister keeps pace, even in elections

Isabelle Melançon believes that the Authier Project will not be able to obtain social acceptability without the BAPE. Social acceptability, we know, our best tool to achieve this is the BAPE. Let's go with transparency , she said.
    The minister explains that she has to wait for Sayona Québec to submit its application for a certificate of authorization to the department before making its recommendation to the cabinet.

A request that should be made in September, if we believe the comments made by the representatives of Sayona Quebec during its public consultation held in Amos on June 27.
    The environment minister says she will act, even if the documents are sent during the election campaign. I remain a minister, I do not give up work. I can tell you that during the election campaign, I am still Minister of the Environment, as soon as everything is going to be tabled, it will go pretty smoothly , she said.
    The minister also wanted reassuring citizens concerned about the project. They can totally rely on me , she said.
    Sayona Quebec again refused our request for an interview.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.001(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $365.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $629.9K 17.61M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
106 14454449 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 4086012 58
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.6¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 3.79 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.6¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ 13538972
Last updated 15.59pm 17/06/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.