AUZ 0.00% 0.9¢ australian mines limited

Ann: AUZ acquires 100% interest in Flemington Project, page-107

1. 1,395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1245
    I know I'm at risk of doing this angle to death and I'll stop after this post but it's interesting  reading this mission statement released by Daimler AG back in 2017.

https://media.daimler.com/marsMedia...tive-at-Mercedes-Benz-Cars.xhtml?oid=32963028

Of particular interest is on top of its initial 10 billion euro investment in its EV future  "an additional 1 billion euros will be spent on expanding a global battery network within the worldwide production network". Imo we are seeing the fruits of this right now with SKI constructing their factory in Komarom, a mere 2 hour 170 km drive south east past the outskirts of Budapest on the M1 then M5 gets you to Kecskemet. Here is the site of Daimlers only other European manufacturing facility outside of Germany, also in Hungary.

On top of that they announced in June that a further 1 billion euros would be spent on a new "full flex" factory at the site - "Mercedes-Benz Cars is creating additional capacity and also technical requirements for the flexible production of future vehicles. This includes passenger cars with a wide variety of body and drive variants. Both passenger cars with conventional drive variants and also electric vehicles using the latest technology in automated driving can be produced - under the premise of safety and in compliance with the statutory regulations."

https://media.daimler.com/marsMedia...n-new-car-plant-in-Hungary.xhtml?oid=40493304

In the mission statement they also mention their EQ model range goals with Beijing Benz (BAIC) rolling of production lines in 2019....which is the other of SKI's battery construction sites also teaming with BAIC which are China's leading EV manufacturer by sales.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is - this is a high stakes game being played out. Daimler investing over 10 + billion euros, SKI 2 billion aus and counting. The links between Daimler and SKI are compelling, undeniable, the relationship has entered a symbiotic stage, i.e., both are relying on the other for success. When the Skoni PFS comes in around 600-800 million aus maybe more (guessing) can these big players really afford the time required to 1. adjust to reduce costs...this has probably already happened to a degree or
    2. start again with another company etc.

The more I look into this the view of no they can't becomes more solidified. The type of financial and circumstantial grunt pushing it along is just too great for it to fall over. Time constraints in the mining game are also a critical factor which I'm sure all parties are aware.

Ending of course with the proviso that nothing is certain at this end of the market or indeed in the market in general so it's always buyer beware.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $13.73K 1.528M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 7636857 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 1734242 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.