AUZ 14.3% 0.8¢ australian mines limited

Ann: AUZ enters research partnership to develop scandium alloy, page-133

1. 223 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Incase people are still interested, I had received a reply from Sophia with regards to explaining or providing clarification around the amount used within the Scandium-aluminium alloy.

Response is as follows but for me, it is all about our competitive advantage in cost reduction (note, bold and underline are my doing). Unlike some others that are trying to play down this announcement, this is significant if you can grasp the potentional:

"In terms of whether the new process required more or less scandium, the total amount of scandium is not reduced – the amount of scandium in the final product (the scandium-aluminium alloy) is the same, what has changed here is the production cost. This is because the master alloy (which is the concentrate that is used to make the final scandium-aluminium alloy) has a higher concentration (30% vs. the typical 2%) of scandium therefore less of this master alloy needs to be used. This reduces the overall cost. In addition, Metalysis’ processing technology that is used to create the master alloy also allows for lower operating costs (lower energy consumption, lower temperature) than traditional processes.

One of the factors limiting the use of scandium-aluminium alloys more broadly (despite its lightness, strength and weldability, all extremely attractive to automotive and aerospace manufacturers) is its high cost. The fact that AUZ via Metalysis may have the potential to produce scandium alloy at a competitive pricing, is significant.

I hope this is helpful."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $11.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $15.90K 2.227M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 5373543 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 2804428 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.08pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.