BRN 2.44% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Ann: Availability of AKD1500 Reference Design, page-97

1. 7,323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1903
    @Poida22

I'm extremely interested in the psychology of the market and what attracts gamblers to a speculative tech stock such as BRN, a company that continually over-promises and under-delivers. I have little interest in the details of the business, aside from the financials which I use to gauge it's health and to compare with - the often significantly mismatched - shareholder sentiment.

BRN has all the traits of a cult stock IMO. Which investor that follows market movements wouldn't find that interesting? It's no surprise to me that it it's often called a meme stock in media articles; clearly I'm not the only one fascinated by the shareholder sentiment, which is currently wildly disproportional to the business's performance IMO.

I bought into BRN once and sold for profit, simply based on shareholder exuberance. Only the once. But this stock is a trader's paradise: retail hype, fomo and high liquidity (while still in the ASX200). I'm sure many traders have done very well.

It's quite incredible to me that some continue to chase the next Akida-carrot on a stick. BRN is not the only example of these type of never-ending tech promises on the ASX, but it certainly was pumped up and the MC left the stratosphere during the pandemic when money was easy and plentiful. Daring to dream of riches is all fine and good, but it's far from a guarantee of success.

Good luck with it.

Last edited by Stickshift: 30/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $579.8K 2.902M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 1243524 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 349262 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.