AVH 3.80% $2.73 avita medical inc.

Thank you so much for your many informative posts on Avita,...

1. 1,069 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1460
    Thank you so much for your many informative posts on Avita, @saltland. More quality information, particularly information that I would not likely have had on my own research, helps a lot.

"Based on the case studies that I’ve read, RECELL has been commonly used successfully with products from Integra, PolyNovo and Kerecis. I’m not sure they’d be wanting to partner with Avita though. In saying that, if the agreement is mutually beneficial, I won’t rule them out."

I also wonder if Avita could be looking at other "dermal scaffolding opportunities". I think the best of these options is Polynovo's Novosorb technology. On the PNV thread there was a very informative and relevant post by@UncleFesta on 17 February 2024 08:34, Post #:72456552. This post referred to a Hospital Tenderer who made the case that they wanted to buy 200K GBP (385k AUD) without a competitive tender since the tender was specifically for Novosorb BTM. Their legal justification was:

"Polynovo is the only supplier of this product and this is the only synthetic dermal template available worldwide. The advantage above other dermal matrices, such as Integra, is that this product is very resistant to infection. Therefore low risk of it getting infected and needing removal. have not lost a single piece of BTM from infection. The clinical advantage for burns patients is earlier engagement in physiotherapy, less pain (and painkillers) and better long term scar quality. If the scars are better long term, they need less scar therapy, less reconstruction and have better quality of life. Other teams are using this for complex wound reconstruction as an alternative to free flap surgery, which can take up to 12 hours. This takes significantly less time to apply, saving theatre time and allowing patients to be discharged earlier from hospital, with less invasive surgery."

IMO matching Recell with Novosorb is a match made in heaven. The Novosorb provides the temporary structural integrity while the patient's own skin cells and blood vessels grow permanently through the Novosorb material before it disappears and is expelled by the body leaving only the patient's own skin. I would expect that using Recell with this material would greatly speed up the whole healing process, with much lower incidence of infection or rejection.

Perhaps this synergy will naturally happen by surgeon demand for both products used together rather than any formal tie-up between the companies. Both companies could benefit by promoting use of its product with the other product, purely through much better patient outcomes. Other thoughts?

Last edited by Roy2U: 13/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.73
Change
0.100(3.80%)
Mkt cap ! $164.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.65 $2.77 $2.65 $575.0K 209.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3815 $2.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.78 3000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.75
  Change
0.100 ( 4.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.70 $2.77 $2.70 6470
Last updated 15.58pm 02/05/2024 ?
AVH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.