AVL 0.00% 1.6¢ australian vanadium limited

Quite funny and an interesting development only in that my last...

1. 9,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17547
    Quite funny and an interesting development only in that my last post on here I stated not sure why the BFS was so late given the key to the BFS, given where prices are, is updating costs unless scope and/or production profile has changed. Interesting only in that regard, because with this grant scope can change but the key is timing too becaue AVL can still enter the steel market vanadium supply and then expand into batteries etc. Meaning production scope and target markets is staged as can the feasibility studies can be staged too, i.e stage 1 = target steel market as per previous PFS, stage 2 = vanadium batteries and storage options, stage 3 = etc etc

The second key is the grant appears tied to battery recharge facilities for the EV market. That is also interesting because overtime one would expect AVL to use its own vanadium as an input to VSUN batteries (meaning vanadium use may start to diverge from its predominant use in steel markets over time which we are starting to see in energy storage although this is still at the infancy stage IMO0. All hypothetical at this stage but appears current oil prices will speed takeup of EVs and the infrastructure required to support that growth, such as recharging facilities for EVs ). Notwithstanding i still see a key growth area is in energy storage for vanadium in the larger MW market IMO, as i posted on here in the past.

At the end of the day, AVL needs to get its BFS out and get a move on. The delays are getting a little tiresome, but having said that TMT with its DFS of a few years probably is facing a similar feasibility study update issue too IMO (particularly around cost updates).

I also wonder whether this grant will remove speculation on these threads around upcoming CRs and the like for AVL. It should.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $137.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $71.44K 4.518M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 4155941 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 6034789 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ 991215
Last updated 15.45pm 14/06/2024 ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.