AVL 0.00% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

Maybe a little over-enthusiastic here. The article is about...

1. 73 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Maybe a little over-enthusiastic here. The article is about solar heat storage, not direct battery storage. Heliostats (reflecting surfaces) surrounding the central tower direct solar energy to the top of the tower where heat is captured and either stored there or nearby. Stored heat is used to drive conventional electricity generator/s.

There is no requirement for utility-scale battery storage.

However the heat storage approach is losing favour to direct photovoltaic generation and this is where utility-scale battery storage makes such a difference. There're now megawatts of solar PV farms in Australia crying out for storage but only a small number of solar heat installations - mostly experimental, some even abandoned.

I'm not talking down SP...I hold, and seek more. But we need the full picture.

Solar PV and battery storage scale up/down readily. The heat storage approach perpetuates the centralised, highly controlled way of generating and distributing power we have at present. But the future is distributed generation and flow battery tech plays a big part.
    Last edited by kal47: 24/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.5¢ $48.59K 3.239M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 6022362 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 14268580 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.53pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.