AIS 1.79% 27.5¢ aeris resources limited

And further to the concept of long term holding, check out the...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 465
    And further to the concept of long term holding, check out the AIS chart dating back seven years to 2016.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5741/5741824-dc7eb6c264647b2e78e4911c5be75429.jpg

If you bought at the start of the chart with a LT (I love this stock and will never sell because it will allow me to retire PoV), pending any divvies in that time which I haven't done the research on, you would have made zero profit in seven long years of heart break.

There have been 4 periods over the past seven years where holding was the play to be on. Of those, two were ~3 month holds and two were 12-18 month holds. What would your profit have been just using the conservative trendlines I've drawn for entry exit points, let alone the concept of rolling over the first profit win into the second trendline, then into the others, to compound the profits? Just because you sell out of a stock doesn't mean you can't re-enter at a more opportune time, but you may be labelled as a HotCopper "non-holding downramper", lols.

When I talk about short to medium term trend following, the AIS chart provides the perfect example. Sometimes that trend is a particular stock, but more often than not it's a particular commodity. Following the commodity allows you to roll some profit out of stocks that have run and reinvest in the ones that are yet to take off until that always pending reversal comes, and I guarantee it will come.

For me, ST-MT trading is about recognising and taking advantage of those orange lines in the chart above. Naturally I'll take advantage of any day trade opportunities that present such as yesterdays pretty much guaranteed winner with the US market pumping on lower CPI, but my focus is on those orange lines.

Looking LT at the chart above AIS appears to be entering into the start of the consolidation phase. How long this lasts and whether they can dig themselves out of it remains to be seen.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $266.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 28.5¢ 27.5¢ $526.3K 1.885M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 202259 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 166977 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
27.8¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.25 %)
Open High Low Volume
28.5¢ 28.5¢ 27.5¢ 944693
Last updated 15.58pm 27/05/2024 ?
AIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.