AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: AVZ Appoints GR Engineering as DFS Engineer, page-39

1. 3,931 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12535
    The issue isn't technical experience on the AVZ board. 2 geo's (1 the tech director), a civil eng,
    IMO when you're outsourcing the engineering (which is exactly what occuring in the DFS stage) you don't need robust engineering expertise.

Moreover, as they're moving away from a heavy reliance from a drilling and geological perspective i'd question whether 2 geo's are required.

The clear weakness in the board is someone with a strong business acumen. Knows how to present to the market, know's how to cut deals, keep the rest of the rabble accountable.

A recent example which i thought was really professional was an announcement by MLL (BGS) (i dont hold), they released a statement to the market relating to an incident of a worker involved in traffic accident in a company vehicle. That's tier 1 reputation/damage control which i wouldn't normally expect from a spec miner in Mali. As stupid as it is, reputation and standing within the business has a massive influence.

If i was going to invest in a company with a great idea/product/asset but clowns running the show i'd be seriously hesitant to throw any money in it. (Might provide some insights as to why ML is suspected of removing chips from the table. (Message the bloke if you want to know).

I've been super critical on AVZ management over the last 12 months. I'm happy to state that they've definitely made some improvements and the 2 recent appointments are definitely in the right direction.

I've got no issues with people being paid a wage to work, i do have an issue with self awarded performance rights on the basis of no performance. If you're concerned about saving pennies we can trim the board back to Nigel alone and save all the money in world. Furthermore the wages are all self-appointed too, if they had any intention on saving cost's why don't they forfeit a couple pays to purchase on market.

or more realistically cut rhett & or Peter - appoint an executive chairman (apparently we already have but that was just another scrupulous phone call) who can clean up AVZ's act, cut some deals, hold the rest accountable and turn their reputation from a joke in the jungle to a future tier 1 lithium leader.

IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.