AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: AVZ Appoints GR Engineering as DFS Engineer, page-90

1. 3,915 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12488
    It's certainly bizarre - If they're not a resource or lithium bull then i can understand the probing.
    When it's a holder of other lithium stocks it does raise the occasional eyebrow and hard to take it as genuine query or sharing of information.

Nevertheless, i think what separates AVZ is it has no threats in terms of other companies. Best grade (bar Greenbush), better tonnage (by the length of the flemington) and IMO will be only second to GB in terms of lowest AISC (that's all in sustaining cost for those playing at home.) It's biggest threat is itself. I.E securing funding/offtakes.

Essentially, regardless of how good or badly any other producer goes it doesn't effect AVZ's viability, as AVZ will only be competing with GB for best quality product and cost. The reason people love to hate AVZ is mainly as it poses a perceived threat to the profitability/market share of the other companies.

This is evident as most non-holders defense is that 'AVZ will never be mine this century anyways' which insinuates that they've got serious concerns if it were to. or 'It doesn't matter if you're mining you won't be able to get the tonnages out of the ground' which insinuates a concern if infrastructure 5-10years down the track allows them too.

My personal view is that they're will be room for 3-4 seats at the lithium long term hard rock table, and it will be the 3-4 lowest cost producers. If i was a holder in PLS (holder), GXY, AJM, a40, even now LTR in the future - i'd be seriously consider investing in AVZ (holder) or even MLL as a hedge. even if AVZ went belly up a 10% stake of you lith port folio IMO would be worth the risk if AVZ is successful in mining in the next 5 years and if they do it highly profitably.

just my thought's and not my financial advice.

SF2TH
    Last edited by setfire2thehive: 13/07/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.