AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Here we are. We give away 12% of the world´s biggest resource...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Here we are. We give away 12% of the world´s biggest resource for ridiculous $14.1m. It´s obvious that Nigel Ferguson is not highly interested in shareholder value for retailers but that he worked on a deal which is great for him and Chinese entities. I would agree that Manono cannot be mined without the Chinese as their influence is enormous in this region, but, nevertheless, the deal could have been much better.

I cannot imagine that AVZ are going to mine this on their own. I suspect there will a hostile TO in 2020, but unfortunately I assume that the TO price is somewhat limited at this stage. I don´t expect that Chinese stakeholders are willing to pay more than 10c and I am pretty sure that they will get enough shares at these levels to take over control completely.

What can we conclude? Many, many shareholder won´t have a realistic chance of getting out of their losses. And I really feel an awful lot of pity for those who have believed in this magnificent resource all time long and find themselves now in between Chinese parties and a MD who only cares for himself. Nigel would be happy to sell his shares at 10c, I guess. Most of you won´t, sadly as it is.

Shareholder who bought in during Paterson´s CR around 3.8-4c or shareholders that start buying now can, of course, make money. But my gut feeling is that it is rather limited at this point to 9-10c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.