AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

The video with Nigel from April last year is still up too here...

1. 196 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 214
    The video with Nigel from April last year is still up too here on HC. So fair to say everything there is still current.

At the time we were all hoping for a takeover mid year but Nigel was quite transparent in this video and said plainly that they wanted to drill it out and get a resource before locking into offtake agreements.

He said they were having conversations about strategic investment but not that one would necessarily be entered into. And seriously what would’ve been the point in taking on a strategic partner with $23m cash at the time...

I think AVZ has been playing cat and mouse with the Chinese for well over a year and comments about a strategic partnership back in April were part of that.

And I think this current move to break the manipulators of this stock is part of that too.

I’m back after exiting mid last year (with a huge boost to my holdings) and too am confident of a turnaround.

With Michael muzzled the past year we haven’t heard much about the circling Chinese. But for AVZ to publish this strategy to fast track production (“construction commencing Q3 CY2019 and commissioning Q2 CY2020”) might suggest AVZ’s discussions with certain Chinese parties are well-advanced:

And yes, size does matter when the grade is so high.

Remember, the Chinese generally can’t buy more than 50% of an Australian lithium mine due to FIRB. What’s a Chinese battery manufacturer like CATL to do?

Opinion only, dyor etc
    Last edited by order: 25/01/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.