AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: AVZ Minerals hits 263.24m @ 1.52% Li2O, page-58

1. 1,023 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    On the question of a potential JV and an interested party waiting for the JORC-compliant mineral resource estimate (MRE) to be announced: it wouldn't be to hard for an interested party (who might be contemplating committing a substantial sum) to pay a consultant resource geologist to crunch the numbers for them before an announcement is made.

As far as I know, resource estimates are commonly done by a method called 'ordinary Kriging," for which software packages exist (useless to the layperson, but that's not what we're talking about). The drill hole locations and assays are all in the public domain. The Kriging method also considers variance to determine the degree of confidence you can have in your estimate. BTW - note that the JORC Code (to my knowledge) does not prescribe drill hole spacings to determine the inferred, indicated and measured categories.

Fair enough, you might miss out on the last 30 Mt if you don't get to punch in the final assays in case they don't get published in time, but you could get a pretty good idea of the initial resource size and whether it's worth committing funds to the project on that basis before the MRE is publicly announced - if you felt the need to beat competitors to it.

Just some food for thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.