AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: AVZ Minerals hits 284.47m @ 1.52% Li2O, page-66

1. 3,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1421
    There is no lack of understanding from non-holders. I am one of the "dumb" non holders.

But I am watching AVZ for fun and interest and I don't plan to invest anytime soon.

I think the market and the non-holders understand perfectly well - hence the share price is going nowhere at the moment until they address the real issues.

- Yes, they have an amazing deposit - if only it weren't in the Congo!!!!
    - No it won't crash the Lithium market if it comes online - the market can easily suck up this resource
    - No it won't make other Lithium companies non-viable - In countries that support mining with minimal royalties and tax incentives, good infrastructure and great technology - this resource in the Congo will likely cost MORE to extract and ship to end users. How many bulk ships go between the Congo and Asia / Europe?.

I have learned the hard way that a good resource in Africa is often worthless. At any stage the government can change it's policy or some corrupt government official can demand a 50% tax or have the workers go on strike for their own personal gain.

It's a nice deposit and if the Chinese can work out a way of exploiting it then it may have some value - even if it is a very risky proposition.

I hold about 5 Lithium companies in various stages. AVZ is not one of them and is unlikely to form part of my portfolio for the reasons above.

But I do wish holders all the best and hope they can find a pathway to production. The share price will only move up if they can address the major issues - which is clearly not Lithium grades or intercepts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.