AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: AVZ Secures US$ 20 Million Funding Facility, page-233

1. 208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 303
    Ericson,

If you feel management have done a great job, well good for you, but don't lecture others on what sentiment we should feel towards management. Anyone that's put their money on the line has been affected, and management has made very little effort to communicate with shareholders effectively over recent years.

I'd love nothing more than to be cheering them on and thanking them for the awesome return on my investment. But honestly, from where I'm sitting, it seems like management has been more focused on taking care of themselves rather than shareholders.

Let's take our CFO, Jan De Jager, for example. He was the point person for the capital raise (40m & 75m), hyping up the company's bright future to investors and convincing them to pitch in their money. These CR's took place when management (and probably a select few) were aware of potential issues with the JV and the Dathomir dispute problem. In fact, get this, from a personal perspective Jan was so buoyant and bullish about AVZ's amazing future that he sold off all his own performance shares!!

Fast forward till now, Jan did such a great job getting money from AVZ shareholders that he scored a job to become the CEO of Surefire Resources (ASX_SRN), he started on May 13th. I'm sure he'll be out there shortly spooking the Surefire Resources opportunity to the next batch of hopeful investors.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6240/6240284-80e79364b667aba4bd5d9bd2a83ae652.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.