ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    Zardoz, have you found that quirk of DRC showing only a local can own infrastructure like a power plant?

I mentioned the SEZ provides the mandate for AVZ, via it’s Congolese registered subsidiary AVZ Power, to refurbish (by contracting a third party potentially) the power plant. And according to this article reduce its power by up to 90%.

The power plant won’t just be for AVZ’s project but the whole region will benefit. This is one slice in the incentive for tax breaks but also development finance.

while there is risk where there is reliance on human beings not the constants of the universe, reward is indicative here by what is known publically by the progress of the SEZ

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.afrik21.africa/en/drc-avz-minerals-to-revive-old-mpiana-mwanga-hydroelectric-plant/amp/

my research shows AVZ had competition from now ex TTX Gagnon who could not get his energy business registration done. The question then arises, who else would want such a prize? Parastatal Cominiere? Governor Zoe Kabila? Dathomir? These are all possible candidates as competitors. But AVZ Power prevails and the SEZ allows that to happen smoothly. There were workshops with government officials to liaise on the application so as to organise the submission of it.

So, tell me what is the quirk, and what is a “local” especially?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.