AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

We all agree Manono is a fantastic resource, the best in the...

1. 221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 161
    We all agree Manono is a fantastic resource, the best in the world. While the DRC Govt want it developed as you correctly suggest they've fluffed around for the last 2 years & don't appear to be in any hurry to get things moving. Govt officials appear more interested in lining their pockets than improving the standard of living of 100 million Congelese. Sad but true. It's no surprise the DRC is one of the poorest nations on earth. As for other countries who may be interested in developing Manono, while the Europeans and Americans have made noises over the journey, to date no other mining company (Zijin/Chinese interests aside) has ever engaged the DRC Govt to mine the resource. It's more than reasonable to assume risk is their major concern. I'll just sit back & watch it play it. My position is that I'll be happy if AVZ can negotiate a successful exit for shareholders even if Zijin is the suitor (the thought of sleeping with the enemy makes me wanna puke but it's better than a lesser outcome). That said, I suspect the DRC Govt would still have a say b/c they're the owner of the resource. Even if they issue us with a ML, the licence may not be transferrable to another party without Govt approval if we wanted to sell the project to a suitor. That said, the ML would put us in a very good position to structure a favourable outcome. Anyway, I look forward to the company's next update. They have indicated to me that there should be announcement soon on our finances - it will be either next week or the week after easter. Stay tuned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.