AWE 0.00% 94.0¢ awe limited

Ann: AWE's Full Year Results Presentation-AWE.AX, page-41

1. 1,491 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    SilentPartnr that is excellent research. But let's move forward using your facts and see what we can extract.

First, by my math, if AWE can renegotiate from $4/GJ to $6/GJ, they have an additional $36M in earnings (assuming no added expenses). If they can get the market-trend price of $7/GJ, that is $54M in additional earnings. When are they likely to complete the negotiation for 2018 pricing? The reason I care is that announcing that to the market puts them into a position to finance WA phase 2 on much stronger terms.

Assuming only $36M more in earnings, is this enough to offset losses from oil, and would that cash flow allow them to pay off bank debt to finance the new plant / gas expansion in Western Australia?

This is the case where leverage looks appropriate to me, because we are financing capex for a known resource to move it to cash-generating production. To raise that money with the current stock price from equity looks like a mistake to me.

What amounts do we need to finance for the new gas plant, and what is the annual interest payment on that for a typical WA commercial loan? Let's fill in details.
    Last edited by persistentone: 13/11/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.