ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    re: Ann: Axiom Mining 2013 AGM-Chairman's... Just in case anyone wasn't able to read the Chairman's address for themselves, I have cut and past it here.
    Reads well,

Axiom Mining Limited
    ARBN 119 698 770
    Level 11, 1 Chifley Square, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
    T: +61 2 9247 0169 / F: +61 2 9247 0243 / www.axiom-mining.com
    ASX / Media Release
    22 April 2013
    Chairman’s Address
    2013 Annual General Meeting
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Welcome to the Annual General Meeting of Axiom Mining for 2013.
    I recommend that shareholders take the time to read the detailed reports on the various Company projects in the 2012 Annual Report.
    As announced to the market on 25 October 2012, the Solomon Islands High Court has expunged previous adverse rulings against Axiom’s subsidiary in the Solomon Islands, AxiomKB Limited and the matter has been set down for a hearing in August this year. The Company will continue to rigorously litigate to protect the rights that it holds to prospect the significant Isabel Nickel asset. Our landowner relationships remain strong and we are also sturdily supported by the Isabel community. We continue to move towards satisfying the Solomon Islands Government’s desire to get this project under way.
    Progress has been made on our two other exploration tenements in the Solomon Islands with results of the initial phases of exploration due shortly.
    Axiom continues to make advances in its other projects in Vietnam and Queensland which have also been reported to the market. In Vietnam, geochemistry work was undertaken during the latter half of the wet season at Quang Tri and further work is underway in preparation for a well planned drill program. The Company continues to negotiate for and is confident with its position in re-activating the Quang Binh Licence. If that occurs we will move to implement our strategy of introducing in-country investors to produce shareholder value.
    In Queensland we are rationalising our portfolio and executing a plan to deliver value in a cost effective manner. In the coming weeks, we will be able to update you on our progress which includes joint ventures, sale of non-core tenements and applications on attractive new projects.
    Funding our activities is still a constant focus especially with the continued litigation in the Solomon Islands. Nevertheless, we have been very fortunate to have been supported by our shareholders and more particularly our major shareholder, Drake Private Investment LLC from New York. Today, I welcome its principal Anthony Faillace to the Board and seek shareholder support for his re-election. Mr Faillace apologizes as he could not attend
    today’s meeting, however, the Board is very pleased to have his input on the strategies being formulated by the Company with respect to its assets and particularly the Solomon Islands projects.
    The Company recently went through a re-organisation in preparation for increased activities in its projects sites and particularly in the Solomon Islands. This included relocation of the Company’s corporate office from Sydney to Brisbane and the appointment of Mr Kim Harrison as Axiom’s Group Finance Manager.
    We have also developed a strong local workforce in Solomon Islands and Vietnam which puts us in a sound and efficient position to advance our projects.
    Today, I also announce the retirement of Neil Stuart as a Director of the Company. Neil has decided to retire from active involvement on the Board but remains available to advise our geological team when required. I would like to thank Neil for his valuable service and contribution as a Director of Axiom Mining over several years and his support to me as Chairman.
    The Board remains confident that the Company has significant assets which will deliver real value to shareholders. This year we aim to clarify the position on our Solomon Islands Prospecting Licence including reporting on the preparation for the hearing of the proceedings as soon as possible and to advance our commercial positions with our Vietnam and Queensland assets.
    I look forward to receiving questions from you before we move on to the formal business of the meeting which involves a number resolutions approving share placements and the like.
    Stephen Williams
    Chairman
    ENDS
    About Axiom Mining Limited
    Axiom Mining Limited holds an 80% interest in the world class Isabel nickel deposit in the Solomon Islands, 100% in the Arosi gold-silver project in Makira Province, 93% in the Itina gold-copper project on Guadalcanal. It also owns 80% of the Quang Tri gold project in Vietnam and 100% of highly prospective gold, silver and copper tenements in North Queensland, Australia. The company is listed on the ASX and operates in Australia, Solomon Islands and Vietnam.
    For more information on Axiom Mining and details of our Solomon Islands, Vietnamese and Australian projects, please refer to the company website at: www.axiom-mining.com.
    Disclaimer
    Statements in this document that are forward-looking and involve numerous risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expected results are based on the Company’s current beliefs and assumptions regarding a large number of factors affecting its business. There can be no assurance that (i) the Company has correctly measured or identified all of the factors affecting its business or their extent or likely impact; (ii) the publicly available information with respect to these factors on which the Company’s analysis is based is complete or accurate; (iii) the Company’s analysis is correct; or (iv) the Company’s strategy, which is based in part on this analysis, will be successful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.