TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

I hope you are right. I'll absolutely state that I'm heavily...

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    I hope you are right. I'll absolutely state that I'm heavily biased given I own TLS, TPM & VOC and believe the merger would benefit all companies, (VOC could be argued either way). However I also am a consumer and strongly believe that having 3 'real' telco's removes us from a duopoly situation, which is a far better outcome.

I'd also argue given the ridiculous decision by the ACCC to mandate 121 POI's for the NBN has done far more to lessen competition in Telecommunications over the last decade than this merger ever would.

The rationale they have provided is, superficial and in my view incorrect. It lacks insight, and application of any 'real' world thinking.

TPG NEVER had any intention whatsoever of becoming becoming a 4th mobile carrier in Australia. It was simply a brilliant chess move to bring Vodafone to the table.

Speculating on the future performance Vodafone's fixed line business, is again superficial, incorrect, if not inappropriate. How many NBN RSP's have gone broke or sold up in the last 6 months alone?

ASX:AYS the largest MVNO in the country 1m+ subscribers. It is profitable unlike Voda and with far less debt and geared specifically for lightweight reselling, (which is essentially what an RSP does when retailing the NBN).

They gave up their fixed line aspirations just a few short months ago. This, above all else is clear evidence that their is absolutely no certainty for anyone's success in fixed line broadband in this country, moreover it illustrates that the market is currently in 'perfect competition'.

In addition to the small/reseller market, the big carriers, all are bleeding, as evidenced by their share price capitulation over the last 18 months. I'm not saying private industry has a right to a profit, nor it's investors a return, just illustra?ting what the market thinks of the Telco's markets profitability.

Where are the ACCC comparisons to are OECD peers? Without doubt the closest market to Australia in terms of Telco (particularly mobile) is Canada. GDP, population density, incumbent Telco structure, not to mention a 1st world country that relies heavily on the resources sector.

Have a look at Telco pricing in that country! Barely a mobile plan above 5GB, eye watering prices.

The ACCC's mandate is not to create 'perfect competition'. It is there to protect consumers from inefficient market structures and misuse of market power.

Banking, supermarkets, petrol anyone?

Disgraceful.

Safe to say I didn't pick this one, particularly given the surprise entry of a 4th player in the 5G spectrum auctions! Hmmm, no mention of that Mr Sims?

Rant Over.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.