RFG 1.33% 7.6¢ retail food group limited

I am not surprised by this ACCC court action, but I am surprised...

1. 529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    I am not surprised by this ACCC court action, but I am surprised why it has taken this long to come about.

Unfortunately, any franchise business, where the franchisor is screwing over franchisees, unfortunately won't be a sustainable business model. That's not to say the current management aren't trying to address the company's pasts sins, and to put things right moving forwards.

Selling unprofitable business's to incoming franchisees and withholding critical financial information regarding losses, is about as dodgy as you get in business. Charging marketing fees to franchisees, and then not spending on marketing, but paying operating costs of RFG is not much better. I think RFG may struggle to defend these claims based on all the media reporting on these issues by AFR and Adele Ferguson. The unknown question is if ACCC litigation succeeds, what will be the cost to RFG.

Many people have lost a lot of money having an association with RFG, but none worse than the poor franchisees. I hope that if the ACCC court case is successful, that franchisees (past and present) receive some compensation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.6¢
Change
0.001(1.33%)
Mkt cap ! $189.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.6¢ 7.5¢ $54.44K 725.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 439268 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.7¢ 247213 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.