AZL 5.26% 1.8¢ arizona lithium limited

Good announcement for investors, not so much for short term...

1. 18 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65

Good announcement for investors, not so much for short term traders. It shows that management are thinking ahead. An announcement like this was expected as any good battery metal miner/explorer knows the importance of working toward net zero.

Two key takeaways from today's announcement for me:
    1. As LithiumZen and a few others have said - net zero will likely be a requirement for potential government funding, other debt and equity funding, off-take agreements, will help in the mine permitting process, and will help to manage the narrative with various lobby groups
    2. No one has really dived in to Paul's comment around the tonnage: "which could move up to two million tons of ore per year"

The "two million tons" could mean a number of things, and the nerds among us will no doubt be plugging that in to their models in a number of ways. The two initial scenarios I'll be running tomorrow will be:
    - In the context of the beneficiation results, how much actual lithium is going offsite and what does that mean for lithium carbonate output
    - Optimisation of what processing work takes place on site at Big Sandy vs. in an established industrial area (implications for OPEX, CAPEX, net emissions, BLM permitting)

For me as an investor, these are the big ticket news flow items that could significantly boost the share price over the next 6-12 months, in order:
    1. Completion of scoping study (today's announcement is a key input in to the scoping study and environmental studies) - this will give the market an NPV to anchor around
    2. Commencement of PFS
    3. Surprise off-take or strategic partnership (wouldn't expect off-take until PFS is published, but given the alarming short supply of locally mined lithium in North America I wouldn't be that surprised)
    4. BLM approval and subsequent exploratory drilling

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
-0.001(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $80.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $57.09K 3.032M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
33 3664085 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 120000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.