AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

Ann: Azure Delivers Maiden Mineral Resource for Andover, page-32

1. 30,348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1845

To clarify, Tony Rovira won Explorer of the Year 2000 jointly with Terry Grammer. I love the research methodologies.

Perhaps one of the most well-known success stories was Terry and Tony Rovira’s discovery of the Cosmos Nickel deposit for which they both won the Association of Mining and Exploration Companies’ Joint Prospector of the Year Award in 2000. In early 1997, Terry joined Jubilee Gold (as it was then called) as a contract geologist and Tony was hired as Exploration Manager.

Within six months of working together they had changed the company’s focus from gold to nickel and discovered Cosmos. Terry initiated that process when he found out about some drilling that hit nickel on the Bellevue gold mine’s tenement, just to the south of Jubilee’s ground. He heard about it by hanging out at the Bellevue Mine wet mess drinking and talking with drillers and fieldies.

By using bar talk, rumours, historical reports and data, and then their own geology, geochemistry, geophysics and reconnaissance drilling, they pinpointed the first diamond drill hole. It was, of course, a hit and Cosmos was found.

After the discovery hole, Terry and Tony searched for any sign of the nickel orebody on the surface. Finally, Terry got down onto his belly and crawled along a small dry creek that was covered by a huge patch of prickle bush. When he came out the other end, all covered in dirt and scratched to hell, he was holding a chunk of gossan – he had found it!!

https://www.metaltigerplc.com/terry-grammer-in-memoriam

Gossans have been found for Andover. Several of them. You can be sure with the extremely experienced nickel exploration team, that they're using lateral thinking, the latest technology and not dragged down by preconceptions.

After the discovery Jubilee Mines sold it for $3 billion. Shareholders got $24 per share for the sale. Yes he would have been rich IF he'd had enough shares.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.