re: Ann: Azure Enters Joint Venture with Oz M... Any comments...

1. 9,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    re: Ann: Azure Enters Joint Venture with Oz M... Any comments about the viability of the grades quoted?

San Eduardo is prospective for porphyry copper deposits with associated high grade breccia and skarn copper, lead and zinc mineralisation. Old mine workings are present within the property, including a 27 metre deep shaft and a small open cut mine on the Alejandra prospect. Historical sampling by the Mexican Geological Survey at Alejandra collected a total of 40 channel samples of wall-rock, returning an average grade of 25 g/t Ag, 7.34% Pb and 1.89% Zn, with maximum values of 80.9 g/t Ag, 20.04% Pb and 5.45% Zn.

Also comments about the tonnage and grade for El Tecolote and Promontorio:

Adjoining San Eduardo to the east is Azures 100%-owned El Tecolote property. Historical production from the El Tecolote Mine is recorded as approximately 1.6 million tonnes @ 1.8% copper, 6.9% zinc and 50g/t silver. Production ceased in the early 1980s due to low metal prices at the time, and there is excellent brownfields potential for substantial unmined copper-zinc mineralisation surrounding the mine. Azure will shortly commence exploration on this project.

Meanwhile Azure is continuing to work on its Promontorio Project which has a JORC compliant mineral resource of 502,000 tonnes @ 4.7% Cu, 2,1g/t AU & 99g/t Ag.

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.