AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

A fascinating interview with an investing legend Warren Gilman...

1. 30,207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1793
    A fascinating interview with an investing legend Warren Gilman highly relevant to capital raising.

Warren has a wealth of experience, having invested capital in the natural resource world on behalf of notable entrepreneurs including Andrew “Twiggy” Forrest, Li Ka Shing, Brett Blundy, Jack Cowin and John Singleton.

He previously managed CEF Holdings throughout the 2010’s, having set up CIBC’s metals and mining team in Toronto. In addition, he’s acted as adviser to the likes of BHP, Rio Tinto, Anglo American, Falconbridge, China Minmetals and Zijin.

He currently manages Queens Road Capital, a TSX-listed (TSX: QRC) natural resources fund, which is well known for its use of convertible debentures in the resource world. This method of lending gives the borrower security from takeover because they give a guarantee they won't sell out during the agreed loan period.

With Gilman's investing profile of being interested in large high grade deposits, and declared recent interest in the Li field, Money of Mine interviewers put him on the spot about AZS right in the last segment.

His facial expressions/response show he was so conflicted about this, there's a delay while he gathers his thoughts and then he can't choose between over rated or underrated or neutral, so he says cryptically 'frothy'.

Now earlier on he describes offering his brand of lending to an ASX company with a large high grade deposit and they turned him down, deciding to go with a CR.
    I wonder.....given his more recent interest in Li*, It sounds like he missed out on a great deal but he says he may get another go at this opportunity given that they have to develop the mine etc. He also talks about modern methods of room and pillar mining which is a modification of underground mining which is highly efficient but best handled by the big names. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_and_pillar_mining

*Could it have been AZS? If so, could it have been Creasy who knocked him back? An awesome interview, with him observing the great questions some of which he's never been asked before. Fascinating stuff....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.