ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    It's a good question - what do MIN do. MIN are out of the money but we all know MIN are acting with Gina. Will MIN vote against - I don't think so.

If they did vote against - with 13% and any other retailers, they will most likely have a blocking stake. Why, because SQM and Hancock can't vote, meaning their 13.56% is effectively 21.80%. Remember, you only need 75% to prevent a scheme. It's likely not all the register will vote. If 87% vote, then that effective interest increases to 25.05% and they would have a blocking stake by themselves.

That means it reverts to the off-market takeover offer at $3.65. At which point, SQM/Hancock will get Creasy's, Adelphi and Directors' shares, taking their interest to 60.78%. Not enough for a compulsory takeover but enough for control of the company.

Do MIN stick it out and fight for an interest - not too sure. We know they likely want mining services - so a head nod perhaps and they vote for, arguing that if they didn't they would lose $0.05.

I'm changing to sell unless you hold on longer for 12 month capital gains purposes. I see better options in other lithium stocks.
    Interests%Vote in SchemeEffective Interest
    1SQM19.42%No
    2Hancock18.37%No
    3MIN13.56%YES21.80%
    4Creasy12.84%YES20.64%
    5Adelphi10.15%YES16.32%
    6Directors2.10%YES3.38%

8Control in Takeover (SQM/HAN)

60.78%

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.