SYR 2.17% 23.5¢ syrah resources limited

SP down to 5 year lows. Synthetic graphite, solid state silicon...

1. 1,531 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    SP down to 5 year lows. Synthetic graphite, solid state silicon battery scare mongering has given the hedge funds an excuse to short retail holders.

My research indicates synthetic graphite in Li batteries will have a marginal impact on natural graphite. It seems a small % of synthetic graphite together with natural graphite is the best of both worlds for the anode. Solid state lithium is still years off, silicon expands more than double that of graphite and it doesn't matter what nano nonsense they throw at it, production cost will never compete with lithium/ graphite. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/aenm.201700715

The biggest graphite mine in the world is de-risked. Plans and funding for value added spherical plant complete, other graphite mines planned. 1 + 1 is not adding up to 2.

Just like lithium with DSO, oversupply and the argued optimistic EV penetration down ramping, the funds have set there sites on merger and acquisitions. The US is throwing everything at slowing the revolution down in other parts of the world.

I haven't lost the faith, I am overweight with SYR in my super but there not getting there hands on a portion of that for at least another 4 years.

IMO the current LI NCM or NCA battery powered EV's (Model 3, Kona, Niro) with a 400km range, 10-20 min recharge for 100km and a 800,000km 80% battery life (twice the average life of an ICE vehicles engine) is the sweet spot, if they can get the prices in AU down to the $40-50k mark with those specs, any other battery chemistry cannot compete.

Retail holders in AU hold a disproportionate amount of future wealth in this revolution, we are going to have to fight to keep it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $243.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 24.5¢ 23.5¢ $703.0K 2.946M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 211145 23.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.0¢ 110000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.