BAP 3.66% $5.10 bapcor limited

Ann: Bapcor announces capital raising, page-30

1. 4,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    @cplatfor, I agree re the ETFs. I have (what was) a reasonably sized SMSF and also shares in my own name. Until now, I had never considered buying an ETF, thinking that I could target specific stocks that would suit what I thought would suit my investment needs.
    I have changed my mind for this current “situation”.
    I, as a mere mortal have realised that I simply don’t know what stocks or what “basket” of stocks are going to come out of Convit the first, or in the best shape. I thought that Oil stocks would rise because the Saudis and the Russians would get tired of producing oil for nothing and fighting with each other. Then oil prices go even lower.
    I have recently purchased VAS the Vanguard top 300 ETF. My rationale for doing so was this.
    It was recommended by Scott Pape (the Barefoot Investor) after an extensive investigation process. it has low cost fees, holds the top 300 not just the top 200. The reason for this was to allow new and emerging companies (such as Afterpay) to enter the index and produce outperformance to aid the fund, with little risk. It has (In The past) produced a mostly franked dividend of just under 5%, and it issues the dividend four times a year, rather than the normal twice a year. VAS WAS over $90 earlier in the year, but now trades at approx $65.00. So it an event like this, it has shown that it is not immune to a large fall in price, but now that the price is near many year record low prices, I can be assured that when the market does rise, that VAS has captured any move in the top 200, but also those smaller stocks that may have a actually profited and become stronger (such as IT and Telecommunications ) during Confit.
    The fund is rebalanced 4 times a year, so I am expecting CSL to have the most weighting, after CBA dropped significantly and relinquished the top position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.10
Change
0.180(3.66%)
Mkt cap ! $1.731B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.98 $5.10 $4.92 $4.408M 873.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21235 $5.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.10 29699 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BAP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.