GW1 1.85% 5.3¢ greenwing resources ltd

http://investorintel.com/technology-metals-intel/energizer-focus-...

1. 45 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    http://investorintel.com/technology-metals-intel/energizer-focus-madagascar-graphite-pays-off/

I was forwarded this link by a friend and while it mainly talks about Energizer Resources i think a lot of it is still applicable to BSM. This paragraph in particular caught my attention:

To satisfy the steel market alone, annual graphite demand is expected to rise 8% CAGR to 2020 from 1.1 million tonnes to 1.5 million tonnes. Batteries and high-tech application needs are projected to be dramatic enough to require a 600% increase in annual flake graphite production. Only flake graphite can be used in the over 200-known applications that require graphite as an additive and is the only natural form of graphite that can be used to make the spherical graphite used in lithium-ion batteries. Thus, purified, spherical graphite currently sells for between $4-6,000/tonne, more than twice the price of high quality flake graphite.

I realise the first goal for BSM is plant upgrades and scaling up production to generate positive cash flows but this has to be something on the boards mind. Can some explain to me how exactly spherical production works and if management has mentioned anything about it? Or is this to far in the future for them to be thinking about?

I guess we are all here waiting for drill results in the short term and the new plant within 2-3 years but what does 5 year down the track look like? I have also heard of graphene mentioned but in a very long term view. Anyone able to explain what that is and how it may affect BSM?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $11.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $2.902K 54.21K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 71428 4.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 726 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.50am 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.