MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Ann: Batteries supplied to US based Martac, page-32

1. 17,843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1250
    Hi KOH, ok thanks, that's a different way of interpreting it to what I did, but perhaps you are correct and it would explain my confusion on timeline re Martac, so happy to go with your interpretation. I was reading it as slide 21 related to NY, slide 22 related to Townsville and slide 23 and 24 were more general, discussing both.

Anyway, that then raises the issue of why they are only planning to transition to EV batteries in Townsville over the "longer term". If the proposed smaller New York factory with its second hand equipment is already looking at supply customers like Martac with EV batteries then why is the proposed brand new larger Townsville factory not looking at EV until the longer term. Like my understanding from the limited info available is the plan is for NY to be up first, so why the delay on Townsville transitioning to EV.

Are they not seeing strong demand for their EV range of batteries until the "Longer term" or is there some other reasons that people can think of?

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.