MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

Sovereign risk was definitely more of an issue last year before...

1. 1,162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Sovereign risk was definitely more of an issue last year before various government approvals were granted. Changes of the political landscape and approval issues were the main risks as far as investment risks in Myanmar were concerned IMO. Since trade sanctions were lifted roughly 5 years ago, Myanmar has been trying to revive old deposits and encourage global mining investment so I don't see anything on the horizon that could sabotage this projects prospect with them having gone this far. But you never know. The money invested from large scale funds definitely gives me some encouragement. People heading these deals would have done their homework and toured the sites and met various government approvals personnel before signing on the dotted line. So I am confident.

As a side note I don't see any geopolitical risks with any population turmoil involving Muslim groups like happened last year, effecting this project. That was on the other side of the country a lot closer to Bangladesh and Indian borders. The Bawdwin prospect near Lashio in on the Eastern side near the Chinese border.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.