Gidday boydie, thanks for the kind words once again. I'm a...

1. 1,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Gidday boydie, thanks for the kind words once again. I'm a little surprised to see none of the longer term BCI holders appear here today, in fact, only yourself mate. Before I start, I did make a post on the IOH forum around two or three years ago, which was probably fair to say less than flattering about IOH. That's always a tough gig and could see me as a bit of a shyster by any IOH holders reading this ... who knows, who cares I guess,

Anyway, I don't know enough about IOH to give an informed opinion regarding off takes etc, only it's quality. I am concerned about the Phos level being ten times that of BCI and probably grade the company unfairly as a whole on this fact. So what I did was text a friend in Western Australia who not only works in the sector at a senior level, but also knows both companies inside and out. Below is the text conversation, I hope he doesn't mind me doing this, please TOU this post if it's deemed unacceptable:

CHELKN- Mate I don't understand bci buying out ioh????? Unless there's something regarding synergies, I'll read tonight.

REPLY - It's a very good deal. Cash flow from Iron Valley, working relationship with MinRes, big upside in Western Pilbara. There are few good growth options in the Pilbara. This gives BCI a shot at 20yr + life with a proven team and a scenario of tying up 3rd party access in West Pilbara. It has success written all over it. It is truly visionary.

Personally speaking, I think it depends on your personal opinion on the future of China. If you believe that China will still be going strong into the future -- it's a great deal. Although if you think that the good ol' days of high Chinese demand are over, you are probably going to find this deal harder to accept.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.