ENR 1.27% 40.0¢ encounter resources limited

Some comments.1 - agree proof of concept but need more to define...

1. 2,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7706
    Some comments.
    1 - agree proof of concept but need more to define a discovery. May be in hindsight. Bit like Luni needing the early 2023 results to confirm a major discovery that keeps growing. I liken much of ENR's Aileron prospects (with drilled Carbonatite) to WA1's P2. More work required to confirm a discovery though very interesting. Seldom see so many unexpected hits that the potential for more along the ENR/WA1/Agrimin trend (west of P2 TO PERCE+) seems high.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6132/6132040-d3da5dea245c77918e9866446141d04d.jpg

Rincon's recent comparison of gravity targets to Luni is IMO tenuous other than basic similarities of geophysical signature. Geologically probably different but since there are major structures the mantle could have pumped up interesting goodies. I quite like the copper potential at depth. REE's in clays occur along this belt though this is probably more a function of fertile granitic rocks and weathering. (Seems WA produces an abundance of these clay hosted REEs).

2 Large area of interest? Yes but not in the way you present - IMO.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6132/6132050-736abd55295562a87c5ab8c9df930832.jpg

Extrapolating from a small number of samples in one hole to a regional basis may ultimately be correct but potentially flawed logic.

This does NOT give a date for carbonatites. It may but more direct evidence is needed. The samples came from the hole that was paused for technical reasons. The subsequent extension encountered a carbonatite dyke at depth. This terminology suggests a dyke cross cutting a sequence with a known date, hence the dyke is potentially younger or possibly of a very similar age. More work needed.

It does give an age point that correlates to OD and is younger than the majority of the mapped basement in the area. [Cover rocks are those in the orange box marked younger in the above image from Joly et al 2013.]

The geology maps available are going to be modified significantly as more field work and drilling are done. I have looked at the Lake Mackay quartzite outcrops in satellite imagery and noted at least 3 or 4 different textural styles. Asking ENR geos about this - yes there needs to be a lot more work done. The previously unknown presence of carbonatites (and lamprophyres) mean some revisions will occur.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6132/6132081-edf2d84af9f099b5ccfad6937386888c.jpg

The stratigraphic column comes from the GSWA's Mt Webb 1:250K geology mapping.
    Ages were current when the map came out some 10-15 years ago.
    The Hidden Basin Beds have been a conundrum for their age and position in the sequence. If the column above is correct then LYN have a good, potentially shallow, target.

===========
    Age dating a PHD topic from a cursory geo 101 level.

Getting the sequence of events right can be very important.

Geologically age dating has come a long way over the years. Still an arcane process to those looking from the outside.

Radioactive decay happens at predictable rates.

Measuring the products of this decay can enable calculations to give a date +- an error range. This range is starting to drop as new laser ablation techniques enable testing of minuscule sections of material - often zircons. [Zircons are tough and can survive rough treatment, even growing rings like a tree that can be individually measured].

Recently I came across an example from Serbia where recent intrusives were dated at a level of precision (?accuracy) that seems incredible to me.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6132/6132177-615a2f5958adb6eb494573b64e99ad3c.jpg

Perhaps easier with such young rocks but the principles probably apply for those at West Arunta albeit with less precision/accuracy. In the geology column above are the EVENTS that span large periods of time. Each of these has the potential to mask or overwrite previous events representing one of the issues for palaeochronology.

Basic geology can sometimes help. Vein A cuts Dyke B that cuts intrusive C can give a sequence of events if not a precise age.

Complex topic that is above my pay grade. Hope the above is of use.
    ===========
    2 Brother to OD? Joly et al 2013 (p29) didn't think so at the time. Never thought Carbonatites Nb either so - pinch of salt. Their structural models certainly do not preclude carbonatites and perhaps IOCGs.

3 weak argument? Just one carbonatite that happens to be more enriched near surface than any other found to date. May be a one off in a field with a few lesser satellite deposits.

4 The use of the term intrusive is probably not accurate though I am not certain what context you use it.

The Lander, Carrington, and Aileron units on the Joly geol map above are complex beasts with some intrusives that are likely to mainly predate the carbonatite intrusive(s). If this is correct the large area you mention is not defined by intrusives but more by the structures such as the Elephant Island Fault and perhaps Endurance Fault for known deposits near Luni and to the north.

From Joly's map the Lake Mackay quartzite could be considered more the host. One reason I focused on it. Suspect the correlation may be coincidental with time to tell what is going on.

5 agree.

The recent presentation showed that ENR are trying to refine the targets with McIlroy, Crabeater and Leopard in addition to others already mentioned. The former two may be along the Elephant I fault with Leopard on a probable fault structure that has Joyce and the North margin of Mawson. Another feature seems to be magnetic lows rather than gravity highs.

Enough from me for now.

CHN are now up some 10+c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ENR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.005(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $177.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.0¢ 41.0¢ 39.0¢ $150.7K 376.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2249 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
41.0¢ 45531 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.48am 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
39.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
39.0¢ 41.0¢ 39.0¢ 74766
Last updated 11.56am 16/05/2024 ?
ENR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.