DCN 0.00% 28.5¢ dacian gold limited

.........This is a warm fuzzy feeling that DGO gold/Eduard...

1. 2,579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1468
    .........This is a warm fuzzy feeling that DGO gold/Eduard Eshuys will not allow hostile take-over of DCN at low price or unreasonably priced value.........

Hope (and also have a warm fuzzy feeling) you are spot on there GF. Always love the term "merger". My experience is they consist of a merg-er and a merg-ee and only occur where both parties feel there is an advantage to be had. In this case (& I may well be right off the track) I see it as a DCN play, they being the "merg-er" however I believe this would only have been taken forward after some serious 3rd party discussions to ensure the fortress walls remain intact against any barbarian attack. Always some chance that LJ & Co have allowed a Trojan horse to be pulled into centre of the castle however somewhat doubtful. Is the game of musical chairs over ? - certainly not but I still maintain LJ sees DCN as his best opportunity to become a name within the industry (& I totally support that ambition) so believe he (& his advisors) will tread carefully to ensure they retain the mantle of merg-er. Other thing to consider is, while we the punter tend to look at these things from pretty much a 2 dimensional (numbers) perspective I suggest any worthwhile manager also seriously considers the cultural aspects of any merger as it has well been proven that a poor mix of cultures will ultimately destroy any value proposition. Personally still very comfortable with where DCN sits and the direction it is taking. Slightly less trusting that some of the names being discussed will prove to be long term supporters and promoters.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.