RSG 0.81% 61.0¢ resolute mining limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder from RSG,RSG-MSR.AX, page-11

1. 349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Really? Some additional reading for you GB, and from the man himself!

Look up the story "On a golden run in Africa" published in the Australian in 2011

Just because he's isn't a geo though, doesn't mean he can't do the job; but the facts are the facts!

At the age of 15, Calderwood left school with few prospects. At 16, his first non-family job was searching at night for fluorescing scheelite minerals for German explorer Urangesellschaft.

But in 1986, when Calderwood was aged 19, his father took a punt and floated Mount Edon Mines, based on the unproven assets he had accumulated near Leonora. The son bitterly recalls the contempt shown by the "St Georges Terrace clique" when his father sought backing. However, he says, the family had the last laugh when some Swiss investors came on board to finance the plans.

Calderwood was in charge of the drilling crew that discovered the multi-million-ounce Tarmoola gold deposit for Mount Edon, beginning a rags-to-riches turnaround for the family. In 1993, he left for Border Gold, another company his father was involved in, to search for gold around Kalgoorlie. It was a pivotal moment in his career.

"I realised then that gold was getting harder to find in WA." The revelation led him to accept a job in Ghana, running an office for a company called Leo Shield, which involved some of the Mount Edon directors. The task was to find new tenements in gold-rich Africa. "It was all inter-connected. I have never actually had to present a CV. It's all word of mouth and knowing people."

Additionally, if you read any of Mark's Board descriptions you'll note they don't quote him as being a geologist ie. no letters just a CP for AUSIMM purposes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $1.298B
Open High Low Value Volume
61.0¢ 62.0¢ 60.5¢ $4.257M 6.968M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 175546 60.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
61.0¢ 7201 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.