SXL 0.00% 94.5¢ southern cross media group limited

I agree, after using both, Listnr is the better user...

1. 878 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    I agree, after using both, Listnr is the better user experience.

Funny thing is, I don't think these streaming apps are likely to be the big money spinners the companies spruik them as being.

Both Listnr and iHeart are competing in a highly competitive Global market for streaming content and it's hard to imagine that two small Aussie products are going to be able to compete with the likes of Apple music, Spotify and YouTube etc. Young consumers are just too savvy to sign on to local streaming platforms, only to be bombarded by advertising. They are more likely to pay ten bucks a month for Spotify, Apple music or YouTube, to avoid the ads and get the big ticket content.

Once you encourage your audience away from traditional (captured & targetted) terrestrial broadcast radio, you will inevitably lose some of that audience to the big players due to the highly diluted nature of the beast. Sure, it is easy to fudge the streaming audio figures to advertisers, but in the end, they too will realise that they are not getting bang for buck by advertising on those platforms.

At the end of the day, the vast majority of advertiser's want to target only their local markets. They can do this effectively on AM/FM & DAB, but the amount of 'captured' local streaming listeners is always going to be limited when they are spoilt for choice and churn rates are high due to an endless sea of on-demand, big budget content.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if/when the streaming revenue break-even point is reached. My prediction is that revenue on both platforms will plateau and will struggle to generate significant profit moving forward, as Capex & Opex costs inevitably continue to rise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $226.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
93.5¢ 94.5¢ 91.0¢ $147.9K 159.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14638 91.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
92.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.16 %)
Open High Low Volume
92.0¢ 92.0¢ 91.5¢ 23097
Last updated 14.50pm 10/05/2024 ?
SXL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.