STO 0.58% $6.88 santos limited

"Their initial offer was that anybody could roll their shares in...

1. 5,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2456
    "Their initial offer was that anybody could roll their shares in a private company" – it still is. The original announcement made it quite clear that up to 20% of existing shares could be invested into the new private company, and that 15% of that would be taken up by ENN and Hony. That leaves 5%, which neither you nor I, nor probably anybody else reading Hotcopper will be able to get a piece of. But the point is that the deal was disclosed a the start, before due diligence began, and hasn't changed.

"they have transferred their shares across" – No. ENN and Hony have agreed to act in concert with Harbour. That gives Harbour 15.11% voting power, hence the "substantial holder" notification. Ownership of the shares hasn't changed. From the announcement:
    STO Harbour.png

"Who is going to be sitting at 15%" – Harbour is currently sitting at 15%. Again, you need at least 90% of the voting shares for compulsory acquisition to complete a takeover. From takeovers.gov.au:
    Compulsory Acquisition.png

The point I'm making about this is that with control of over 15% of the stock Harbour no longer have to worry about matching competing bids.

You seem very determined to be angry about what is a normal occurrence with public companies, which is apparently being conducted in a very orderly and open way. Contrast this with the acrimony that came with the Myer/David Jones proposal, and the strategic interference by TPG during the Amcom/Vocus takeover. This one is tea and cucumber sandwiches!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.88
Change
-0.040(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $22.34B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.81 $6.91 $6.77 $67.24M 9.805M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3794 $6.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.88 70062 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.