SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Jimk I dont always agree with those who seem to be on the same...

1. 2,018 Posts.
    Jimk

I dont always agree with those who seem to be on the same side. I am still of he opinion that SGH purchase of QPP PSD was a hellish deal for QPP shareholders expecting $200M PAT in 2016.........and in 2017 it will be clear as day what a fantastic transformational deal it is for SGH.

SGH as the biggest listed lawyers on the plannet got to nearly trebble in size, got to an unasailable market dominant position in a quasi legal market segment where case throughput is faster than most segments in the legal market. It will stress through 18 months of overleverage and bank big dollop of deleveraging cash and point at the extra profit.

One bit I dont like is the mood music from some who seem to have a bit of insight into the grand strategy. I dont actually believe this turnaround is going to take years and years. See Krisp figs.
    When the biggest bit of the turnaround is absolutely evident ( Aug 17 or possibly feb17) what is it about the commentariat which would stop pointing at the obvious? Surely there are comentators other than me who can plug a few formulas into a leverage sensitivity analysis . Tipping point surely is when debt is obviously affordable with clear sustainable profits.

So I dont agree with you Jim on the bad deal idea and actually love the leveraged bit ( so at margin disagree with walking eagle) because it shows that AG and Houghton are root branch and sinker behind the notion of keeping equity dilution to a minimum. I reckon that after Feb 17 SGh can look at some clever options to reduce debt by $100M.
    EG convertibles ........and stressy banks notion...history. I shall then salute AG and his hootzpa.

My view is that if they manage to manipulate SP down even more then SP is in sweeties in a jar category.
    I dont think it does longs any good to see them manipulating SP up short trem so they can have another go. FEB 17 results should provide unequivocal evidence of where this is going. Am pretty clear what I expect but of course could be wrong. DYOR.

Mel

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.