SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

lol! I suspect it isn't like home loans in the USA where you...

1. 642 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    lol! I suspect it isn't like home loans in the USA where you just hand in your keys to the bank and walk off.

To my knowledge the details of the loans are not public beyond the earliest date full payment can be brought forward to. Personally I'm not an expert in corporate lending so maybe someone more knowledgeable can advise how these loans are usually secured.

I know this isn't what you (or I) want to hear but.... Hypothetically lets look at the worst case scenario - I'm NOT saying this is what will happen - where the banks demand their money, the company can't or won't stump up the cash, they go into voluntary admin, and the vultures start circling.
    The administrator picks over the carcass (taking as long as possible to maximize the fees they can charge) and splits SGH up for parts. This isn't just about selling off tangible assets. Parts of the business can be sold off as discrete entities, intangible assets (e.g. case books) can be sold, etc. etc. It is probable these parts will amount to far more than the current market cap (given that the MC factors the debt we are trying to balance out).

It is probable the banks will not need too large a write off, though none of this will be pretty for anyone.

The moral of the story is that we shouldn't have a false sense of security that the banks wont pull the pin because the company has a low level of tangible assets compared to debt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.