CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,073 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    MM

I have found myself pondering WHG a great deal the last month.

I think your 8% dividend yield is a given at the current SP.

The problem currently is that the market is basically pricing WHG as a fixed interest proxy, ie not factoring in any growth in the topline. However with the focus on capital management, and the highly cash generative nature of the business I see this temporary lack of growth as less of an issue.

I like the arrangement with Macquarie to repurchase the convertible notes as a first order capital management exercise to avoid any future EPS dilution. Under the repurchase schedule 10m are scheduled for purchase by 1 July 11, so this will also reduce our interest expense in the current half year.

Looking a little further out once the remaining 15m notes have been purchased, a share buyback/and or special dividend (WHG has a healthy franking credit balance)becomes very likely in lieu of some aquisition program.

I am quite confident that any acquisition will be strenuously tested to ensure that it will be earnings accretive.

It is managed very conservatively and I can think of a lot worse places to place some capital. I am patiently waiting to see if the market provides an absolutely no brainer price to add to my holding. The current SP is attractive but I still feel there may be a chance for a very brief dip closer to .90.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.