RSG 3.57% 60.8¢ resolute mining limited

Ann: Becoming a substantial holder , page-11

1. 506 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    I get the general gist of the whole shorting thing but am definitely no expert. I obviously didn't initially read the announcement very carefully as I didn't realise that that they hadn't bought the shares (rather simply borrowed them) till I read this thread.
    I would think the only reason they would "borrow shares" is to sell them on market then hopefully buy them back again later at a cheaper price (shorting).
    I think the fundamentals of this company are very strong so it would seem like a risky move, however I think, if in fact they are thinking of shorting (just guessing here), maybe they might feel that if the convertible bonds are converted later this month this might lead to a lot of selling which will force the price down. I also think this may be the rationale for the share buyback (to soak up some of those shares to try and limit the impact on ordinary shareholders).
    Again all just a theory, and before anyone gets on my case for not holding any stock and "down ramping", I was holding stock till today and am definitely not downramping. I believe the fundamentals of this company make it a screaming buy, just might wait till the motives of BOA and the impact of the bond conversions (if they happen) are a bit clearer till I get back in. May turn out to be a bad move but guess I'll only know in hindsight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
60.8¢
Change
-0.023(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $1.298B
Open High Low Value Volume
61.5¢ 62.8¢ 60.0¢ $5.600M 9.163M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 621561 60.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
61.0¢ 392293 58
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.00pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.