Ann: Becoming a substantial holder , page-12

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    "Your comments would still be ill informed, even if you did hold stock, which you do not."

Happy to be wrong if that's the case with BCI, with regard to why banks buy in to miners.

But my information that it does happen for the reason I outlined, comes from an Australian mining CEO, a guy who has started, developed, and then sold mining companies in at least five countries. His forte is convincing financiers to invest in his start up companies, they do, and everyone makes money, except in one case. Sometimes the bank insists on a hedge of production of a quantity large enough to repay its loan. Smart of the bank, but a terrible weight on a resource company. And not information that is readily available to the public.

There is nothing wrong with a bank buying stock, and controlling it. Its just something we need to be aware of. Taken to an extreme, a large bank shareholding may be seen as a bank protecting its loans. Not necessarily a vote of confidence. Banks are not in the mining business.

Just putting an alternate view that I know to be fact in some cases.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.0¢
Change
-0.010(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $865.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.0¢ 30.0¢ 28.5¢ $321.7K 1.083M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7084 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 81225 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.