Hi Farmboy,Your comments would still be ill informed, even if...

1. 696 Posts.
    Hi Farmboy,
    Your comments would still be ill informed, even if you did hold stock, which you do not.

While BCI currently have no net debt, the debt facility they entered into to complete the buyout of the exra 25% of Nullagine was via a consortium of funding arranged by CBA and ANZ. To my knowledge, neither of these banks have ever owned shares in BCI.

The likes of Ausbil Dexia, AMP, Macquarie, Westpac, NAB, BT Investment Management, Tribeca Investment Partners etc have all held shares at one point and many still do, mainly I would assume as custodians on behalf of industry and private monies, mainly superfunds. They are shareholders in their capacity as money managers and I would walk to hell and back if anyone can demonstrate that Morgan Ball or any other executive or board member, past or present (I had to include Mike Young as he would be the last to listen to an insto guy on how to run BCI) has had to lend an ear to a suit demanding that hedging, options or other strategies be put in place to mitigate any potential loss.

They are in BCI like the rest of us - trying to make a profit via capital growth and more likely, in the hunt for yield in this low interest rate environment.

Sorry if I was a little aggressive at the start.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
0.005(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $706.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.0¢ $55.98K 226.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 298772 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
24.5¢ 68583 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BCI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.