DTR 0.00% 0.9¢ dateline resources limited

I see it differently, the commodity crash of a few years ago...

1. 381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I see it differently, the commodity crash of a few years ago coupled with the slow moving Fijian authorities to renew the leases in Fiji cruelled Fijian exploration. My reading of that project is that it is a low grade copper zinc project in a very remote region of Fiji which will work provided the company can raise many millions of dollars to continue exploring then complete a feasibility study and go on to raise some more money to build a plant Etc. This project has many moving parts and probably needs a JV partner with deep pockets, but where do you find such a JV partner? Newcrest are the biggest player in Fiji and they have exited their Mt. Kasi gold project and have the giant Namosi copper project on care and maintenance. The company has repeatedly stated that the conditions for this project are difficult and that it intends on limiting outgoings until the situation changes.

As far as limiting outgoings, I can't see anywhere in the annual report that the Directors get paid anything or that the company pays rent Etc, which in my mind says that someone other than the little shareholders are carrying the burden of ensuring the company remains afloat so that everyone has a chance of making their money back plus a profit. I don't begrudge risk takers making money, remember, this company had a market cap of $1m in November 2016 and today post the latest placement it has a market cap of $16m. We should be celebrating

I don"the know enough about the WA assets to comment but I do know that that transaction brought with it $400k in cash and the addition of a world renowned geologist to the board in exchange for 25m shares. Even if the WA assets don't meet expectation, the cash and the human resources obtained by DTR are enough to validate the transaction.

What's left to discuss? Colorado? well, let's break it down, the IE report that was sent to shareholders in October/November 2016 said DTR has acquired an old gold mine that has had never had any systematic/modern exploration. Historical records state that the mine was a high grade producer. The mine is permitted, has rail, power,water and ventilation, to me that seems like a good start but to boot, DTR has secured two permitted mills for processing any ore which may be identified. What does that mean for DTR? Low capex to production, no need to come back to shareholders and build a $20-40 plant or develop from scratch underground access. The net effect is that maximum value is retained by the existing shareholders.

The amount of money raised doesn't warrant the huge expenditure that would be incurred to do a retail offering and from what I can see, none of the major shareholders have sold any shares ever. I take comfort in the knowledge that there is no needless and petty updates and that the significant holders are in for the long term.

Having said all of the above, I look forward to getting some meaningful information from the company as and when it is available.
    Last edited by Stevienix1: 10/02/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $98 10.90K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 4725373 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 5300824 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.